- This event has passed.
Junior Supremo Training 4/6
July 12 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm£30.00 – £50.00
Groups of up to 10 pupils No gender ratio
Schools can train more pupils if required – each booking entry represents up to 10 pupils
The sessions will take place both indoors and outdoors & will contain active learning throughout
1ST SESSION (practical & theory) 60 MINS
SHORT BREAK (if on schedule) 15 MINS
2ND SESSION – Practice leadership skills on KS1 pupils 60 MINS
3RD SESSION – Plenary for leaders 15 MINS
£50 per group of 10 pupils trained – BRONZE SCHOOLS
£30 per group of 10 pupils trained – SILVER SCHOOLS
Host schools can train up to 10 pupils for free if other schools attend their session. Otherwise charges above apply.
As part of the School Games offer, schools are encouraged to each host a Sports Organising Crew (SOC) or Sports Council to enrich their provision, provide an outlet for pupil voice and ownership, and encourage the development of leadership.
Specific tasks the SOC could undertake include:
- Assist with Sports Days
- Assist with After school clubs
- Organise lunchtime activities and games with younger age groups
- Assist or run Change for Life Clubs for targeted young people
- Update School Games Board ( PE notice boards ) with photos, club information, fixture information, match reports, Change for Life club reports etc
- Report to Senior Leadership Team
- Canvas opinions about things such as kit, types of activities etc
- Blog on school website and the School Games website
- Write articles for the school newsletter