- This event has passed.
Y5/6 Quicksticks – A teams
February 25 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree – £30.00
Please arrive from 12.00. Briefing at 12.45. Matches start at 13.00
Players must be in Year 5/6
Max 3 team entry between the competitions & festival event – 1 team entry per A or B section
Round robin competition followed by finals.
SQUADS: Minimum: 6 (3M+3F) Maximum: 8 (4M+4F)
TEAM: 2M+2F on the pitch at any time
‘In 2 Hockey’ rules for QUICKSTICKS
- In order to encourage exciting and safe hockey, the scoring area will be the attacking half of the playing area.
- In accordance with recent hockey rule changes corners (ball played over the back line unintentionally by a defender) and the free pass will be taken from the half way line.
- Due to the larger scoring area (the attacking half) free passes awarded within 5m of the goal will be taken from the half way line.
- There are NO goalkeepers in Quicksticks.
- ‘In 2 Hockey’ rules will be used for the use of the defender’s circle and are adapted for this Quicksticks competition. In accordance with ‘In 2 Hockey’ rules and to avoid injuries with players acting as goalkeepers, a small semi-circle will be drawn around the goal. NO defender may enter this area at any time. Defenders who enter this area intentionally and play the ball, will result in a goal being awarded. Defenders who enter the area unintentionally (e.g. step backward over the line), a free pass is awarded. Attacking players MAY enter the marked area.