Providing support and training for schools across Sutton
All schools in Sutton are BRONZE members of the Sutton Schools Sport Partnership and have access to All School Games competitions and programs FREE of Charge.
Many schools have chosen to be SILVER members and have access to additional services. They contribute a third of their Sport Premium funding.
Services provided within contribution
- Termly support with PE, Sport and Health Wheel (Online Self Review/Action Plan)
- Up to 12 half days (6 days) access to a Primary Sport Development Officer who can provide any of the following in any combination;
- One to one support for PE Coordinator
- Assistance with development planning, curriculum mapping and planning, guidance in Assessment For Learning and pupil progress, embedding recommended Schemes of Work (Merton PE and Create Development ‘Real PE’), assistance with observation, differentiation, fundamental movement skills and physical literacy.
- Physical Education and Physical Activity POLICY advice
- Ofsted guidance
- Inset – whole day/half day/twilight
- Model lessons / Team Teaching / Support where needed
- Onsite festival organisation (KS1 and KS2)
- Training for lunchtime supervisors – playground activities
- Training for TAs/LSAs
- Guidance on enabling all children to achieve the Chief Medical Officer’s recommendation of 30 Active minutes per day
- NQT/RQT training
- Termly PE Coordinators meetings – Free
- Support with Gymnastics, Dance, Athletics, Games (netball, football, tag rugby, handball, hockey, lacrosse, fencing, multi-skills, tennis, cricket, rounders, Real PE and Real Gym), Swimming, PLUS Mindfulness, Yoga, Tai Chi, Lego Therapy, Maths of the Day, PSHE resources and recommendations
- Extra CPD sessions at reduced SILVER member rates
- School invite to additional borough competitions, including termly festivals for KS1 pupils.
- Support to achieve Healthy Schools London accreditation
- 2 Free places (Teacher/Head Teacher/Governor at joint annual PE conference with Croydon School Sports Partnership.
- Support with your co-ordination of external coaching; assisting you in identifying suitable coaches and organisations, providing quality assurance and signposting coaching staff to training in curriculum delivery and lesson planning where required.
- Links to all key stakeholders including Sport England via London Sport, London Borough of Sutton, Public Health, Association of Physical Education, Youth Sports Trust, ‘The Daily Mile’, Create Development, School Nurses, Local Councillors, Sutton Governors Forum, The Children’s Trust Board, Wandle Valley Project, The Riverside Centre, TFL, Merton SSP, Croydon SSP, Richmond SSP, Sutton United, Everyone Active
- Annual Youth Sports Trust (YST) Level 1 membership. Plus access to Association for Physical Education (AfPE) membership benefits via the partnership
- YST and AfPE quality mark support and guidance